Monday, January 20, 2014

Time to prune the grape vines




My husband told me it is time to cut down the grape vines. 

I say it is too early, it can still get cold again. 

But they are really in the way. 

There are three ways to prune grape vines. You cut them down a lot to get a lot of grapes, or you do not cut them at all and have them grow how they want mostly for the look and some grapes, and then my way. 

I cut down my vines as much as I can muster without felling sad. I also want them to grow over the arbor. An arbor is like a gate portal. 

I can see in the summer how the grapes are going to hang down, and I can grab a few when I pass under them.


There are still a lot of vines left but the pass way is cleared at least, and I left some vines up on the arbor.

Here is a link to a website that explain why and how to prune your grape vines.  Right to Thrive

No comments:

Post a Comment