Thursday, February 6, 2014

Rhubarb

Rhubarb pie. Oh, it is so good. Believe it or not but you can grow rhubarb in Arizona. It needs well-drained and fertile soil. Living on old farmer land this is perfect for rhubarb. Our rhubarb plant was huge and we made many pies every year until we left the yard to a neighbor to keep an eye on it. When we came back all plants was happy except our rhubarb, they drown. After that we couldn’t get any new plants to grow. This year I am trying again and now I am even trying to plant them in my herb/potato-land. I think it is not going to be the best spot but I feel desperate.


We bought a couple packs of rhubarb.

When you buying a rhubarb plant you only get the roots. Dig a not too deep hole and placed the roots.


Sometimes the roots have already start to spout in the bag. It is OK to cover the spout with soil but I try to let some part of it stick up.

I will come back with a recipe on rhubarb pie if my plants survive.

Read more about rhubarb;

The Rhubarb Compendium


No comments:

Post a Comment