Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Front yard, watering system

The first step when you are landscaping is figuring out the watering system. I am going to need a drip system in both the front yard and the back yard for my plants. 

Time to plan the drip system. 
Where does the water come from and where will the valves and the control box be. Are they on the same side of the house? Of cause not, that would have made it too easy. 

To be able to get the water from one side to the other side of my front yard, the water has to go under the driveway. The builder put a thick pipe going under the driveway so now I only have to find where it is. They said about 2 feet. From the bottom or the top? After some digging it is found. 
Next I have to plan where I want my plants so the pipes will cover that area and I also need a pipe going to the back of my house. I am not going to worry about the back of my house right now but I need to prepare for it.                                                                              It is pretty hard to dig in a straight line so I put up a string to follow.



Time to decide where the valve box is going to go. More digging. 




The watering system is going to have one valve for the front yard and two for the back. One will be for the trees and one for the bushes so I can regulate the amount of water they get after their needs. 


To get to the back yard I had to dig under the gate. There was a block of concrete I had to dig under. 

No comments:

Post a Comment