Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Plants for the front yard

Ok, That is a lot of plants. Maybe I got carried away a little, but I have to follow the HOA's guideline for how many plants I need in my front yard. 
This is going to be interesting. How to get the tree into the hole. The best way to get the tree in the hole is to cut of the bottom of the plastic pot and open up one side of the pot. Then roll/lift it into the hole and after that you just pull of the plastic pot.                                                                                       I have learned since I bought this tree that you should not dig a round hole because then the rots keeps follow the hard soil around and not expend out while if you dig a hole with angles it keeps going due to that it can't do a 90 degree turn.  
It is important to dig a big hole so the rots have a easy job growing in the beginning. You can put the same old dirt back, but there is different kind of soil and nutrients you can mix into the old soil to help the tree get started. The most important part is that the soil around the tree now is soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment